CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Before 2011 ends....


I'm back from hibernation! Actually, I'm not really back, just wanted to post something since it's been a long time since I posted something. 

Christmas has passed and the New Year is looming just around the corner but my bestfriend and i still managed to go somewhere and did something crazy...

We were supposed to have her license verified by the PRC for examination purposes but naive as we are ( yes, we're naive), we did not know that there are a lot of things to be accomplished before the license can be verified so in it's entirety
, we just spent around 20 minutes at PRC. To think we crossed seas just to get there.

Now on to the crazy thing we did. Well, it was more of "MY OWN" crazy thing.
We went to a mall to kill time before our boat trip back home. I was so sleepy that I wasn't able t finish my lunch when I told here I wanted to have a massage so I could sleep. We then went around the mall looking for a spa/salon that offers massages. Then we saw this Fish spa.
I was the one who suggested to try it. y best friend just wanted to have the 20 minute reflexolgy thingy but I was so persistent on trying the Fish spa. So we got the 45 minute "dip" including a free massage at the end. 
I was the first one to go inside the "VIP" room but when I saw the fishes, I panicked. 
To cut the story short, I did NOT... even once tried to dip my feet. I just paid for the VIP treatment just to watch the fishes "nibble on my friend's feet. I tried to dip my sole but the moment I felt the fish nibble, I lifted it up.
Ok so this is what my friend's feet looked like when the fishes were nibbling it.



She says it tickles, but i'm imagining something else. I was imaging piranhas eating my feet. There was another "pool" with bigger fishes and she tried those too and says that it's less ticklish. The only thing I enjoyed though was the foot massage.


Right after, we went to Jaro Church. It's actually significant for me since, the church and I share something in common. The church celebrates it's patron's feast day on my birthday. For as long as i can remember, we would always go here on my birthday and attend mass. i also remember that the statue of the Our Lady of Candles isn't as big as it is right now. People say it grew in size.


The picture I go had a sort of reflection because of the glass. When we got down ( you have to climb up a flight of stairs to see the statue), a wedding was about to begin. The bride was seated in a car (small one that looked like a mini cooper) and instead of just flowers on the car, this is what they had...

Cute, isn't it?
The funny thing was that, we over heard one of the principal sponsors say to the bride:
"Wow, you're really beautiful. You look like you're getting married." (Illongo version: Baw ka gwapa sa imo daw kalaslon ka). Well duh!!! She is in a wedding gown and is INDEED going to be married. We also overheard that the reason for the delay of the ceremony is that the Priest is late... hehehehe

So there you have it... an adventure before the year ends... hope next year will be as fun...


0 comments:

Post a Comment