CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Getting hooked on Baking

I baked again today. Well it's my baby cousin's birthday so I decided to bake her something... As if I'm doing the batter by scratch. I keep on using Betty Crocker Super Moist cake mix ( my moms sends us boxes of those). This time instead of using the Devil's cake mix, I used this one...



Ingredients:

1. (1) pack Betty Crocker Super Moist Cake Mix - White

2. 1 1/4 cup water

3. 1/2 cup oil

4. 3 eggs



Steps:

1. Pre- heat oven at 325 degress for non stick pan

 

 

 

2. Combine all ingredients in a bowl



 

 

 

 

 

 

3. Using a mixer, mix all the ingredients until there are no more lumps or when the batter is throughly mixed.



 

 

 

 

 

 

It should look something like this...



 

 

 

 

 

 

4. Once it's done, transfer the mixture into a baking pan. In my case I used Baker's Secret Flexible Silicon Bakeware 9- inch round cake pan. It's more convenient for me since it's "rubbery".



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I then sprayed the insides of the cake pan with Pam Vegetable Oil spray to prevent the cake mix from sticking. Although the pan is already a non-stick pan, I still sprayed it just in case.

5. Since the oven has already been preheated, place the cake pan and let it bake.

I don't usually follow the exact baking time. I really on the "toothpick test". So when nothing or just a few crumbs stick to the toothpick, it means the cake's ready to go.

My uncle ( who used to work at a cake shop as a cake decorator) made the icing as I still don't know how.

Here's the finished product...

The candy sprinkle is mostly orange & violet since these are the Halloween candy sprinkle that we have...

0 comments:

Post a Comment