CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 25, 2011

[Recipe] Simple Ground Beef & String beans


I'm posting this with no picture since I'm planning to cook this tomorrow
, but since Jaja wanted the recipe, here it is. Here's the picture...





When I used to live in Manila, I would cook this every time Jaja and I would feel like eating it. This may not be the same way my Grandmother cooks it but this is my own version . So since Jaja said she misses this and plans to cook it, here's the recipe. Again, I don't really use exact measurements when cooking, except in baking.

Ingredients:

Ground Beef ( preferably 1/4 kilo)

I pack string beans ( the ones you see in supermarkets are usually packed already) - sliced diagonally (thinly)

Soy sauce

Garlic - chopped

Onion- chopped

Salt & Pepper to Taste

Procedure:

Note: Before starting to cook, I season the ground beef with a little soy sauce, salt & pepper and leave it aside for at least 5 minutes.

1. Saute' Garlic and Onion.

2. Once Onion is transparent (don't know the exact word for this), add the ground beef.

3. Allow beef to cook, or until they're like separated  or until they're brown. Don't forget to mix once in a while.

4. Once beef is cooked thoroughly, add the sliced string beans.

5. Add soy sauce. (depending on your taste).

6. Season with salt and pepper.

7. Cover for at least 5 minutes or until string beans are cooked. If you want the string beans to be crunchy, just cook it for at least 2 minutes.

But me, I want them a little soggy.   There you have it. I'm posting a picture later or tomorrow after I've cooked.

1 comments:

jaja said...

okieeeee hihi i can do this hahaha thanx mae!!!

Post a Comment