CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 20, 2011

[Recipe] Brownie Cheesecake Bites


Although there was a "little" mishap, the end product still tasted good and I had to restrain myself from eating everything.
The original recipe is found on Laura Vitale's website. She is actually my favorite "chef/cook/baker". The recipes that she have on the website are so easy to follow.  She also has a youtube channel, so go subscribe.

Here are the things that you'll need:
2/3 cup of semisweet chocolate chips/morsels
1/4 cup butter
2 eggs
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla (I omitted this since I don't have vanilla)
2/3 cup all purpose flour
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1 cup sugar

Cheesecake filling:
3 oz cream cheese (room temp)
1 1/2 tbsp sugar
1 small eggolk

Procedure: 
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line mini muffin pan. (I used the regular muffin pan)
3. Melt chocolate and butter. ( you can do this in the microwave or in the stove). Set aside.
4. Beat eggs and sugar until light and foamy. Add melted chocolate and vanilla. Mix well,
5. Add in cocoa powder, flour and salt. Blend together until no raw flour is visible.
6. With a spoon or ice cream scoop, fill in muffin cup about 2/3 and set aside.
7. Cream together the cream cheese, sugar and yolk.
8. With a spoon, drop a teaspoon of cream cheese mixture on top of the chocolate mixture.
9. Bake for 20 minutes if you're using mini muffin tins and a little longer if using the regular muffin tins. (This is where my "little" mishap happened. At the 2o minute mark, I checked to see if the muffins are done when I found out that the oven ran out of gas. Good thing, they were almost done, they just needed at least 5 more minutes so I left them inside the oven. When I took then out, the top kinda flopped but nevertheless, they tasted delicious.)
10. Let them cool completely and you can dust them with confectioner's sugar








0 comments:

Post a Comment