CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 14, 2011

[Writings] Tell me how you lost me - EPILOGUE

 Epilogue

Satoshi’s POV

I sat on the grass watching Shin chase the puppy across the park while the cherry blossoms fell. It’s been nearly two years since that incident. For most of those times, Shin became distant. He never talked much. The only person he would talk to was Nino. I’d usually see him seated in front of the gate as if waiting for something or some one to arrive. At night I would hear him cry.

Those times were the most exhausting times of my life. But I guess it was all worth it. I knew I wasn’t doing it for myself. It’s only been 6 months since Shin started talking again and he was progressing really fast, or shall I say the change was instantaneous. His laughter has filled the house once more. He started painting too. Mostly faces.

I continued to watch him as he sat under the cherry blossom tree holding out his hand as the petals began to fall. Dejavu? No. It was something new. A new memory.



“ Gomen ne…” I said without taking my eyes of Shin. I took me seven years to actually say it. My voice was staring to crack. I could feel the tears slowing coursing down my cheeks.

“Gomenasai…” I said once more. I wiped the tears as Shin came panting carrying the puppy.

“Ri – sa – ko” he said in between breaths.

“Nani?” I asked.

“Risako.” He repeated.

“What is that?” I asked again.

“Risako.” He repeated still carrying the puppy.

“ Ah.. sou ka? You actually thought of a name?” I asked again.

He did not answer he just nodded.

“That’s a beautiful name.”

“It is.” I replied.

“You’re naming your puppy Risako?”

Shin shook his head.

“Then who are you naming Risako?” I asked.

Shin grinned, looked at me and grinned even wider before answering.

“Boku no imouto.” He replied. I smiled, squeezed the hand of the person lying on my lap before asking him another question.

“Nande?”

"Risako… Riya to Satoshi no kodomo.” He said as he hugged the now visible bump of the person lying on my lap.

“Anata no namae wa Risako.” He whispered once more as he began to stroke her tummy before running off to chase the puppy again.

I planted a quick kiss on her head as we continued to watch Shinchi.

Yes. It was all worth it.

“Aishiteru…” I said as I gazed into her eyes.

“Atashi mo…” she replied.

“ Aishiteru…” I repeated.This time I made sure she wasn’t sleeping.

0 comments:

Post a Comment