CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 14, 2011

FANFICTION - Tell me how you lost me - Chapter 26

 Nino’s POV
My whole body was shaking in anger as I walked towards the direction of Ohno’s house. I did not even notice that it was actually 4 blocks away from the apartment. At that very moment my entire being was immersed in deep anger.
My anger was so intense that I did not realize I was taking it out on the doorbell.
“Chotto matte.” I heard a woman’s voice call from inside.
The door creaked a little as it opened.
“Ah Kazunari, what brings you here?” Ohno’s mom asked.
“Konbanwa auntie. Sorry for coming unannounced. Is Satoshi in?” I replied.
“Hai. He’s just starting to eat his dinner. Come in.” She invited.
“It’s ok auntie. Is it ok if I borrow Satoshi for a while?” I said trying to contain my anger.
“ Ok… but weren’t you together the entire day already?” She asked again looking puzzled.
“Ah hai. Demo I forgot to tell him something.”I lied.
“ Ok. I just don’t understand the two of you. You seem not to get enough of each other lately. Are you sure you don’t want to come in?” she asked again.
“ I’m fine auntie. I’ll just wait for him here outside.” I lied again.
The reason why I did not want to come in was I wasn’t sure how his parents would take it if I just came in and hit their son in front of them. Plus I was sure they know nothing about Riya.
The door creaked once more and the anger that was I was feeling began to heighten as I saw Satoshi’s face.
Everything happened so fast. The next thing I knew he was down on the pavement wondering what in world just happened. I never knew I had all that strength inside me.
“Kazu… what was that for?” He asked looking confused as he stood up, holding the side of his face where I had hit him.
You had to give it to Satoshi. If I had did that to the three other guys, they would have retaliated faster than lighting. But, Satoshi just stood up calmly.
I did not answer his question. I grabbed his arm and literally dragged him towards the direction of the apartment.
“Kazu… chotte matte… what’s going on?
I did not answer. I just continued to drag him not mindful of the people who were giving us strange looks as we passed by them.
“You were asking what’s going on? That is what’s going on!” I screamed as I pushed him onto the sofa when we reached the apartment.
Satoshi looked at the direction where I was pointing.
Riya was sitting on the other end of the sofa looking scared while trying to protect the visible bump on her stomach.
“Kazu… please… don’t…” Riya began to plead.
“Don’t what Riya? Don’t hit him? Gomenasai but I already did.” I replied as I continued to glare at Satoshi.
“Kazu… let him explain.” Jun said, which was so unusual of him. I had expected him to be the first one to react violently. But I was seeing a different side of him. He was calm. Maybe because he did not want to add to Riya’s stress.
“What’s he got to explain Jun? It’s clear isn’t it? This idiot here got Riya pregnant and left her alone to tend for herself. He never even had the courage to tell us what was going on. And he calls us his friends. All the while I though he had matured when he stood against us and married Riya. We kept his secret. We supported him. And yet this is the stupidity he repays us with? Leaving his pregnant wife all alone while he continues to live the life of a spoiled selfish brat at his parent’s house.”
“It’s none of your business.” Satoshi replied softly.
“Nani?” I asked as I approached him.
“I said, It’s none of your business.” Satoshi said as he stood up and pushed me.
“What I do with my life is none of you business. If I want to leave her alone, then that is my decision, not yours. If I want to stay at my parents then that’s what I’ll do. What I decide regarding my life has got nothing to do with neither one of you.” Satoshi continued, his face now masked with intense annoyance.
“BAKAYARO!” I shouted as I hit him again.
“KAZU…”
“SATOSHI…”
Both Jun and Riya’s voices echoed.
Jun was just in time to hold me back as I was about to attack Ohno who was on the floor once again with Riya trying to help him up.
“That’s enough! It’s not gonna help solve the problem.” Jun said as he strengthened his grip.
“ Let me go Jun. I’m going to kill that idiot!” I was able to break away from Jun’s hold and was going to attack Ohno again when Riya’s voice echoed in the living room.
“Kazunari, please stop.” She was standing in front of Ohno, as if shielding him from me, arms spread wide with her pregnant tummy in full view.
“Riya, move away.” I demanded.
“No! You’re not going to hurt him again.” She stubbornly replied.
“Riya, do you realize that he is the reason why you are in this mess. And he is also the same idiot who left you all alone. Now move aside and let me put some sense into that hollow head of his.”
“And he is also the father of my child! I’m not going to let you hurt him. Please Kazu… it’s going to hurt me more seeing you guys fighting over something as petty as this.”
“You call this petty? Riya, this is serious. What man in his right state of mind would leave his pregnant wife all alone? Ok … there must be a reason… You… you better give one damn good reason or I swear I’m really going to kill you.”
“Satoshi… I’ve been trying to understand the situation and not be as judgmental as Nino, but at one point Nino is right. There must be a reason why you did this. Why did you do this? Why leave her alone? Did she do something that made you decide to leave her in this state?” Jun calmly asked.
“I don’t want it…” Satoshi replied softly.
“Nani?” Both Jun & I chorused.
“I don’t want it.” he repeated.
“If you don’t want this life, then why the hell did you ask Riya to marry you? You asked her to change her life just for you and when you realized that you don’t want it anymore you’d just go ahead and leave? What kind of logic is that?” I stood up asking, on the verge of attacking him again.
“Kazu…” Jun said as he stopped me.
“ Jun… that idiot has a twisted mind. Are we just going to stand here and allow him to destroy not just one life but two?” I was already outraged.
“I did not say I don’t a married life…” Satoshi softly began.
“Nani?”
“ It’s not the married life that I don’t want… it’s …it’s…”
“What is it that you don’t want then?” Jun asked.
“I don’t want the baby.”

RIYA’S POV
Each word that came out of his mouth seemed like daggers slowly piercing my heart. I though I was already immune to it but I guess I still wasn’t.
I slowly eased down onto the sofa as I animatedly watched Kazu lunge at Satoshi. Had Jun not been quick enough to grab Kazu, God only knows what he would have done to Satoshi.
“I’m really gonna kill you!!!!!” Kazu shouted while being held back by Jun.
“ Kazu… stop it. It’s not helping.”
“Then what would help Jun? Us letting him get away with his stupidity? He’s not just ruining one life here. Neither Riya nor the baby is at fault. Why do they have to suffer this person’s idiosyncrasy? I’ve seen enough Jun, If this idiot here does not want Riya or the baby, then I won’t force him, but I’m not allowing him to hurt them any longer. They’ve suffered enough.”
“What are you saying?” Jun asked.
“ I’m taking them home with me.” Nino calmly replied.
“ WHAT?” Jun and I chorused as Satoshi looked at Nino with the strangest expression.
“ I’m bringing them home.” Nino repeated.
“ Nande?” Jun asked.
“What do you mean why?” Nino returned the question.
“Why are you doing this?” Jun asked again
“I… I just don’t want to see history repeating it’s self. I’ve seen my share of this kind of drama, and I tell you it usually does not end happily. That’s why I’m bringing them home. Neither Riya nor the baby deserves this kind of treatment. Seeing that they would not get any care from this idiot here, it would be best if I bring them home. I’m sure my mom and sister wouldn’t mind.”
“Nino…”
“Riya, go and pack some clothes. I’ll come back tomorrow to get the rest of your stuff.”
“I’m not leaving.” I replied softly not moving from where I was.
“What?” Nino asked in confusion.
“I’m staying.” I replied firmly
“Riya, be reasonable. You are all alone here. What if something happens to you or the baby? Who’s gonna help you?”
“I’m going to be fine. I don’t want to burden you.”
“You’re not going to be a burden. I won’t be able to relax thinking that you are alone here and that something bad might happen to you.”
“Kazu… really, I’m going to be fine.” I assured him.
“ Riya, don’t tell me you’re still hoping that this moron’s going come back one day and embrace you and your baby with open arms? Didn’t you hear him? He does not want the baby. There’s no use in waiting.”
“Didn’t you know? Patience is a virtue.” I replied smiling.
“Patience is. Stupidity isn’t.” he shot back sarcastically.
“Kazu… I know you’re concerned and I appreciate it, but as I’ve said, I don’t want to be a burden. I’m fine. Plus your house is far from my work.” I said.
“But…”
“No buts Kazu… please…”
“Ok. But promise me, I’ll be the first person you’ll call if anything happens and I mean anything.” Nino said in resignation.
“ I promise.” I replied softly.
“I see everything is in order and I believe you won’t be needing me. I’m leaving then.” Satoshi said out of the blue his face now masked with anger.
“Sorry. we forgot you were still there, it’s ok you can go now. Nobody needs you.” Nino mocked him.
Satoshi glared at him before turning to face me to say,
“ I’m leaving.” With that, he turned around and headed towards the door.
“Satoshi… wait…” I called.
“ What do you want?”
“ Can we talk?”
“What’s there to talk about?”
“ A lot. You, me , the baby…” I began
“If this concerns that thing, there’s nothing to talk about. I made my decision, you made yours. You want the baby then you can have it. I don’t want anything to do with that.” He replied angrily.
“ Satoshi… please… he’s your baby…” I begged as I held onto his hand.
“I told you before and I’m telling you again. I don’t want it. Now let me go.” He said with finality as the door behind him slammed.
If those words could kill I would have died that instant but it wasn’t the words that hurt, there was pain, but it wasn’t in my heart. It was in my tummy. I looked down and saw blood coursing down my legs. I wrapped both arms around my stomach and called out with the last strength I had…
“Kazu…. Itai….”

0 comments:

Post a Comment