CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 14, 2011

FANFICTION - Tell me how you lost me - Chapter 27

 NINO’s POV
I was frozen in place and painful memories seem to flood my mind as I heard Riya’s faint call.
“Kazu… Riya… Hayaku…” Jun’s frantic voice echoed which brought me back to my senses.
Jun and I rushed towards the main door only to find Riya slumped on the floor trembling, both arms wrapped around her tummy. My eyes were fixated on the crimson colored liquid coursing down her legs.
“Jun get a cab.” I ordered as I hurried over to Riya and carried her with all my might.
“Get us to the nearest hospital and step on it.” I half screamed at the driver as we got inside the cab.
We arrived in the hospital in a record breaking time of 5 minutes. I immediately got out of the cab and started screaming my lungs out.
“Stretcher!!!! I need a stretcher!! Get me a doctor!!! Now!!!” It felt just like before. But this time I wasn’t frozen in the corner watching the drama. I was actually doing something.
“What are you still standing there for? Help me with this.” I screamed at the nurses and doctors who were watching me as I pushed the stretcher to where the cab was.
“Can’t this stretcher go any faster? And why are we going to the emergency room? Shouldn’t we be going to straight to the operating room?” I was asking the nurses non-stop as we were pushing the stretcher to where ever it is we were going.
“Kazu… calm down.” Jun who was trying to catch up with my pace said.
“Jun, I can’t calm down. What if something happens to either Riya or the baby?”
“Nothing’s gonna happen Kazu…” he assured me.
“Anou… I need a few information regarding the patient.” One of the nurses said.
“ I’ll answer…”
“Patient’s name…”
“Riya… chotto… do you need her full name?” I asked
“Hai.”
“Anou… Rianne Marie… Jun… what’s her last name again?” I said turning to Jun
“Ohno?...” he replied in a whisper.
“No way! The hell I’ll let Riya use his family name.”
“But Kazu… THAT is her last name… legally…”
“NO! That moron isn’t even here.”
“Anou… when you have decided what the patient’s last name is… I’ll be at the nurse’s station… but for now… you can stay here.” the nurse said sounding irritated.
“Kazu… there’s nothing you can do… legally Riya is Satoshi’s wife. She has to use his last name and so does the baby.” Jun explained.
I kept silent. I hate to admit it but Jun was right. No matter which angle we look at it, Riya is legally married to Satoshi.
I silently walked towards the nurse’s station and told the nurse I was ready to give her the information she needed.
It was nearly after 4 hours when the doctor emerged. Jun and I quickly stood up and rushed to him.
“How is she? Is she alright? Is the baby fine?” I asked the doctor non-stop.
“ Which one of you is the father?” the doctor ignored my questions and asked.
“He’s not here… and I don’t think he’ll ever be here… back to my questions, how’s Riya and the baby?” I replied sarcastically.
“Well, they’re both fine. We had to do an emergency C-section since the baby was in distress. But everything ‘s fine right now. Both mother and child are fine. You may see them in their room in a while. Oh and by the way. It’s a boy.” The doctor said before going back inside.
Jun and I heaved a sigh of relief upon hearing what the doctor said.
“Kazu…” Jun began as we were walking towards Riya’s room.
“Hmmm?”
“Don’t you think it’s but right that we let Satoshi know?”
“What for?”
“Well, technically he’s the father and he has to know.”
“ Jun… you heard what he said right? He does not want anything to do with the baby. So what difference is it gonna make if we tell him?”
“ Kazu… I think Riya would want him to know.”
‘Well goodluck with how you’re going to do it. But don’t expect me to help. I’d rather not have him know.”
It took the 3 other guys 3 days to finally drag Satoshi to the hospital and see his son.
I was just coming from the hospital cafeteria when I decided to pass by the nursery to see the baby. As I was nearing the nursery I heard familiar voices arguing.
“ At least look at him Satoshi.” Jun pleaded. It was unusual to hear Jun plead.
“You told me we were going to the photoshoot.”
“Riida… he looks just like you.” Aiba commented cheerfully as he pressed his face in the glass.
“Satoshi-kun… there’s no doubt he’s your son… you’re like two peas in a pod.” Sho added as he stood beside Aiba.
“Satoshi.. please… you’re not just hurting Riya by acting this way… You’re hurting your son too…” Jun said
“He’s a baby Jun… he wouldn’t know…”
“You’re wrong, he knows and he feels… see look at him he opened his eyes. He knows his dad is here.”
“This is stupidity! You dragged me from my fishing trip to tell me we were having a photo shoot just so you could bring me here? What a waste of time!” Satoshi replied as he tried to let go of Jun’s grip.
At that instant I could not contain the anger that was bottling up inside me. I clenched my fist and ran towards Satoshi. Before the 3 other guys could react, Satoshi was already on the floor.
“Kazu!” The three chorused.
“What’s your problem?” Satoshi asked as Aiba helped him up while Sho restrained me.
“You! You are my problem and everybody’s else’s problem. I don’t know what has gotten into you. Riya needs you right now and all you could think is your f***ing fishing trip!”
“Why else would she need me? You’re there for her right?” he asked sarcastically.
“Why you….” I said as I tried to get away from Sho’s grip.
“That’s it. I’ve had enough. Satoshi-kun go… If that’s what you really want. We won’t stop you. Masaki… bring Nino somewhere where he can calm down. Jun, let’s try to think this whole thing over, maybe there’s something we can do about it.”
By the time Riya was about to be discharged from the hospital, it was decided that she was going to stay with me and my family.
We were getting ready to go when the nurse came in.
“ Anou… sumimasen, we forgot to let you fill out this form. You need to give the baby a name.” She said as she handed Riya the form.
“So Riya have you decided what to name your baby? I hope you don’t name him after his moronic father.” I said.
“Kazu…”
“Ok… I’m sorry…”
“Well, there’s this guy that I’ve dreamed of once… He never had a face in my dream. But in my dream I was hugging him really tight as if never wanting to let him go. I just kept on saying his name while hugging him. When I woke up I said to my self that I’ll give that name to my son someday. “ she replied.
“What is it?” Aiba asked
“ Shinichi.”
“That’s a good name.” Sho commented from behind Aiba.
“So… are you ready to go home?” I asked.
“Home?”
“MY HOME.” I emphasized.
Riya fell silent.
“Riya… We all think this is for the best. We can’t imagine you staying at that apartment all by yourself.” Jun said

0 comments:

Post a Comment