CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 14, 2011

FANFICTION - Tell me how you lost me - Chapter 15

 Riya’s POV

I was smiling like an idiot as I skipped towards the hotel lobby.

Who would have thought that my first time here in Japan would be my most memorable trip ever. I got to meet the guy I had been fantasizing for the last 6 months not to mention he wants to see me AGAIN!

I was still on cloud nine as I finished packing my things. I could not get myself to sleep. I was trying to relive the last few hours. I got my camera out and began to stare at their picture again. I was in that position when the phone rang.

“Miss Riya, there ‘s an Ai Fujimoto for you on the other line. Would you accept the call?” the operator asked.

“ Ok. I’ll take the call.” I replied.

“Riya-chan? Are you packed? Wee will be arriving at your hotel in 10 minutes.” Ai said.

“Huh? Wait what time is it?” I asked.

“I’ts past 10 am.” She replied.

“WHAT?” I screamed as I glanced at the wall clock. The long arm was somewhere between two and one and the short hand was pointing at ten.

That’s not possible. Does this mean I have not closed my eyes and gone to sleep since the guys brought me home last night? This is bad.

“Riya-chan…? Are you still there?” Ai asked from the other end.

“Sorry. Yup still here. I’ll be waiting in the lobby. Ten minutes?” I said.

“Yup 10 minutes. We’re leaving now. Bye. See you later.” Ai said before hanging up.

It was nearly 10:30 when Ai and her driver arrived. After checking out, we decided to have an early lunch.

“So what do you want to eat? We can try the yakiniku restaurant around the corner? Mom went out with her friends so there’s nothing to eat at home right now.” Ai said as helped me load my bags at the back of their car.

“That would be fine. Well I can eat anything right now.” I replied smiling.

“You know what there’s something different. You’re too perky. How many cups of coffee did you have?” She asked.

“I’m caffeine free for today.”

“So what’s with that stupid smile painted on your face?”

“This!” I relied as I shoved the camera in front of her eyes.

“Where did you get this?” she asked.

I told her the entire story complete with actions and some side comments from time to time.

“That’s amazing! It’s like a scene out of a movie.” Ai said after I told her what had happened the night before.

“Oh and Ai,I forgot to tell you. I gave them your number.” I said as we entered the restaurant.

“Why?”

“They were asking for it.” I relied as we sat at the corner table.

“Hmmm… does this mean, you’re going to see them again?”

“I hope so.”

We were in the middle of scanning the menu when Ai’s mobile phone rang.

“Moshi moshi... Riya-chan?... dare desu ka?... ahh… matte… Riya-chan… it’s Sho.” She said while still covering the mouth piece after she answered the phone.

“He… he… hello…” I stuttered as I answered the phone.

“Riya-chan… this is Sho. Are you still in the hotel? Satoshi wants to give you something.” Sho said.

“I checked out. I’m having an early lunch with Ai.” I relied.

“Where are you right now? We’ll just go there.”

“We’re in a yakiniku restaurant just around the corner of the hotel. It’s not hard to miss.” I said.

“Ok we’ll be there in 5 to 10 minutes. Bye.”

“Bye…” I said after Sho hung up.

“What? What did he say?” Ai asked excitedly.

I smiled . “They’re coming here.”

I anxiously waited for them to arrive. Every time the door chimes sounded I would turn around to see whether it was them. Then on the 5th chime, I saw the familiar lump of head hidden under the same fisherman’s hat I saw the night before. Three guys were walking towards our table and stopped in front of it.

Sho took his sunglasses off and asked if they could sit with us.

The other two followed suit and took their glasses off but not their caps. Ai stood up and sat beside me to allow the three guys to sit. Ohno was squashed between Sho and the other guy who turned out to be Nino.

“Ahhmmmm… how come there’s just the three of you?” I asked after introducing Ai to them.

“Ahh… the other two are outside waiting in the van. I don’t think it’s advisable for the five of us to come in altogether.” Sho replied.

Ohno was clutching on a small paper bag as he whispered something to Sho.

“Oh yeah right. Riya-chan… Satoshi want to give you something. Go on give it to her.” Sho said as he nudged Ohno.

Ohno pushed the small paper bag in front of me while still looking down.

Satoshi’s POV

I pushed the small paper bag in front of her but I could not bear to look at her. What has come over me? Why am I acting like a high school boy in front of his crush? I thought.

“What’s this?” Riya asked as she opened the bag.

“Wait! Don’t open it yet. Open it when we’re gone.” I said panicking not realizing I was talking to her in Japanese.

“Huh?”

“He said open it when they’re gone.” Ai said.

“Why?” Riya asked.

“Ehhh…” I could not think of a reason other than me being shy.

“It’s a surprise.” Nino said coming to my rescue.

“Oh. Ok. Thank you, but why are you giving me this? Not that I don’t appreciate it, but why?” Riya asked.

“Let’s just say it’s a token for being cooperative.” Sho answered.

“Cooperative?” Riya asked again.

“Let me put it this way. Satoshi likes to draw, paint, anything that has got to do with art. And for the last five days you have been his… uhmm…model. That’s why he’s giving you that as a gift.” Sho explained.

“Me? Model? When?” Riya asked, confused.

“In the park. It’s kinda hard to explain but in short Satoshi drew you while you were in the park.”

‘’Ah… Can I see the drawing?” Riya asked.

“Sorry it has been packed already. Maybe next time or maybe we’ll just send you a picture of it in your mail. Anyway, we have to leave now. I bet those two are already contemplating of dragging us out of here.” Sho said.

“Sho-kun wait.” I said as I grabbed Sho’s arm who was already preparing to leave.

“What?”

“Tell her to keep in touch.”I said.

Sho relayed the message and the three of us started to head out of the door. I took one last glance at Riya. She was holding on to the paper bag and she was smiling. I silently wished that it would not be the last time I see that smile.

Riya’s POV

I was tightly holding on to the paper bag that contained Ohno’s gift. I could not wait to open it that the moment Ai informed me that they were out of the restaurant I opened the small paper bag.

Inside was a small box with a letter folded on top of it.

I opened the box and inside was a silver necklace. I took it out and on it hang a cherry blossom pendant. I handed the necklace to Ai who examined it excitedly. I unfolded the note that came along with it. It was in Japanese. I shoved the paper to Ai and demanded that she translate what was written on it.

              Riya-chan,
It never crossed my mind that I would one day get to like the cherry blossoms. Seeing them fall usually means that vacation is over. But watching you wait for them to fall has made me realize something. It made me realize that they fall to signal the start of something different.                 Something new.
                       Someday, I would love to watch them fall with you.
                                   Satoshi.

0 comments:

Post a Comment