CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 14, 2011

FANFICTION - Tell me how you lost me - Chapter 21


Satoshi’s POV

I was on the way to the bathroom when I heard the loud slamming of the front door. I stopped dead on my tracks, did an about turn and ran to the living room.

Riya stood frozen in front of the door with a petrified look on her face.

“Riya what’s wrong? Who was that?” I asked her.

No words came out of her mouth as she continued to frighteningly stare at the door.

“Riya… who was….” I was not able to continue my question when the doorbell rang continuously along with the loud banging on the door and the familiar voice that I had dreaded to hear.

“SATOSHI!!!! Open the @$#!*ng door this instant. I know you are in there.”

I wheeled around, grabbed Riya by the hand and started to run towards the backdoor but stopped just after a few steps.

What was I thinking? We’re busted. Even if I try to run right now, knowing Jun, he’s not going to stop until he gets the answer he wants to hear. I think it’s about time I face the consequences.

The doorbell continued to ring as I led the still shocked Riya toward the living room and sat her on the sofa before going to the front door to let the “monster” named Jun in.

His fist was raised, ready to bang the door once more when I opened the door. His brows were more furrowed than ever. One might even think he has just one eyebrow. That was how scary he looked.

I did not need to invite him inside as he saw his way through the house onto the living room. Riya flinched at the sight of Jun and inched further to the side of the sofa.

“Well?....” he broke the silence.

“Nani?” I absentmindedly asked.

“Well? What is all this about? What is Riya doing here? Rather what are you two doing here together? Don’t tell me you’re living together? Well? Answer me!”He demanded.

“Anou… ahmmm… we’re actually…” I began, not knowing how to explain correctly.

“What?”

“We’re not just living together. We’re married.” I said without looking at him as I fidgeted with my fingers.

“WHAT???!!!” his bellow echoed in the entire house.

Riya cringed even more, this time hugging her knees.

“Chotto matte… let me explain.” I tried to reason.

“Shut up!” he said as he flipped his phone open and frantically began to punch in the numbers.


“Where are you?... Good you haven’t gotten far yet… tell the driver to turn around and go back to the street where I got off… wait... let me finish… I’ll explain later… turn right when you pass by the convenience store. Go straight, you’ll reach an apartment complex at the end of the road. Go to the last door and knock… I said I’ll explain later. Ja..”

I wasn’t quite sure who he was talking to but I would bet my life it was not Aiba, that guy has a very bad sense of direction.

Silence filled the entire house as we waited for the other guys to arrive. I wanted to sit beside Riya and assure her that everything’s going to be alright but hesitated. Jun was watching me like a hawk as if reading my every move.

The silence lasted for almost ten minutes before it was broken by the sound of the doorbell yet again.

I got up and headed towards the door to open it.

Confused looks of the three other guys greeted me as I opened the door.

“Ohno-kun what are you doing here?” Sho asked looking even more confused when he heard Jun’s voice.

“In here! We have a problem. A very HUGE problem.” He said as the 3 made their way to the living room.

“Riya? What are you doing here? What’s wrong?” Nino asked as he entered the living room and seeing Riya cringing on the side of the sofa.

“She IS the problem.” Jun began.

“Oi… chotto matte…” I interrupted.

“Didn’t I tell you to shut up?” he said before facing the other guys.

“Jun, what’s the matter? Why are you raving mad? And I don’t think Ohno-kun deserves to be shouted at.” Sho commented.

“Because he’s the one who caused us this problem.” Jun answered pointing at Riya who was still curled up on the sofa with Nino beside her.

“Jun, calm down. We don’t understand. Explain.” Sho told him.

“This baka here and Riya are married that’s what the problem is!” Jun blurted.

“NANI?!!!!” the three chorused.

“Now do you understand?” Jun asked.

“Ohno-kun what were you thinking?” Sho asked as he approached me.

“He wasn’t thinking.” Jun answered

“Ne, ne Ohno kun… if you and Riya are married… then you… hehehehe…. You know… did it?” Aiba asked smirking as he inched towards me.

“Masaki! That’s is not the issue here. We need to think of something. Obviously this has got to stop. Sho-kun… what are we going to do?” Jun cut Aiba off before facing Sho.

“Matte… I’m still thinking.” Sho replied.

“We can’t waste anymore time. If the press finds out about this… about her… then they’re going to have a frenzy… We have to do something about her…” Jun continued to rant while pointing at Riya.

“Matte Jun-kun… why are you acting as if it is Riya’s fault? It’s not entirely her fault you know. It’s that baka over there who’s to blame. Stop blaming Riya.” Nino blurted out at Jun.

“She’s partly to blame Nino. Why did she say yes in the first place? She could have said no.” Jun reasoned.

“YAMETE!!”

“Nani?” Jun asked as he approached me ready to strike.

“Ya-me-te ku-da-sai…” I said slowly with my hands clenched into a fist.

“At last… you’ve gotten into your senses. We need to stop this. This cannot go on. Maybe we could still do something about it. I think divorce is the best option for now…”

“YAMETE!” Our combined voices stopped Jun before he could finish his sentence.

I turned around to see who owned the other voice.

Nino.

He was standing in front of Riya as if shielding her from Jun. His expression was something I have not seen before. His face was red all over and his eyes showed something I could not decipher whether it was concern or hatred.

“Yamete Matsumoto.”

“Nino, don’t tell me you are taking their sides? Well I would not be surprised. Of course you’ll take Riida’s side.” Jun mockingly said.

“I am not taking anybody’s side. Yes, I admit that what they did was wrong and completely absurd. But it’s their lives. If they want to get married, then let them be. It would be selfish of us to stop them.”

“I don’t think you get the point here Nino, this is going to affect all of us.” Jun reasoned.

“I get the point Jun. But we also need to understand that we are but human. We sometimes do things without thinking. We do things basing on what we feel at that moment. And whatever these two felt at that very moment was beyond our control. If during that time they felt that it was right to get married then who are we to say that it is wrong? The least that we could do for both if them right now is understand them. I’m sure they went through a lot of hell just to keep this a secret from us.” Nino explained.

“But what about…”

“ Mou iyou. Nino’s right. As you said we don’t have enough time. We need to find a way to keep this from the press and most importantly from the Jimusho. They would not understand it. What’s important right now is these two right here.” Sho said

“Sho-kun…” Jun appealed, not wanting to accept defeat.

“You’ll understand it when you get to feel what these two are feeling right now. Nothing else is important just as long as you’re with the person whom you think will make a difference in your life.” Nino added before going back to Riya’s side to comfort her.

Realizing that he was overpowered, Jun sat beside Aiba and fell silent.

“ So… Riida and Riya will stay married? Yosh! So it’s settled… now can we go back my previous question?” Aiba asked.

“Which was?” Jun asked.

“ Riida?... Did you do it?”

“MASAKI!!!” we all shouted as throw pillows were hurled at Aiba from different directions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment