CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 14, 2011

FANFICTION - Tell me how you lost me - Chapter 29

I felt my entire being shatter at those words. I slowly got up and walked towards the door. I stopped for an instant, listened to the moans that was excruciating to hear one last time before finally closing the door behind me.
I was wandering the streets of Tokyo aimlessly pondering on what just happened when my phone began to ring.
“Riya? Doko desu ka?” Kazu’s okaasan asked from the other end of the line.
“On my way home.” I lied.
“Sou ka? Hurry. We’re having nabe for dinner. Kazu’s early today, he’s already playing with Shinichi.”
“ Ok. I’m on my way.”
I had no idea how I got home, but I know I had to put on a happy face despite everything that I had seen.
Dinner was great as usual. Kazu’s okaasan was telling everybody the different “tricks” Shinichi’s been able to do. I tried to fake a smile and acted interested, but deep inside my mind was pre-occupied with the events earlier.
“Riya… daijobou?” Kazu asked as he handed me a cup of coffee while we headed towards the terrace.
“Huh? Nande?”
“You seemed to be pre-occupied since dinner, no since you got home. Usually when kaa-chan tells us something about Shinichi, you’d be really interested.” He replied.
“I was interested.”
“No you weren’t. You were just smiling and nodding like an idiot.”
I fell silent.
“What’s wrong? What happened?” He asked.
I looked at him straight in the eye. Tears were now welling up.
“Riya doushita no?”
“Kazu…” I began but could not bring myself to finish the sentence. I just hugged him real tight.
“Riya... mou iyo… tell me what’s wrong…”
“I…I…”
“Daijobou… if you don’t want to talk about it… you don’t have to…”
“Kazu…” I began as I let go.
“Hmm...?”
“I… saw him…” I said looking Nino in the eye.
“Where?” he knew who I was talking about.
“In… in the apartment… I’m sorry… I’ve been going there ever since… I was hoping I’d find him back home…”
“And…”
“I did find him…”
“And… what did he do to you?” his face now masked with intense anger.
“I… I… I…” the words would not come out of my mouth.
“ What Riya? What did he do to you?”
“He… he did not do anything to me.”
“Then what happened?”
“He was… he was…”
“He was what? What was he doing?”
“Kazu… everything meant nothing to him…” I said before breaking down.
“What do you mean?”
“I meant nothing to him… We meant nothing to him…”
“Riya… what are you talking about…”
“Kazu... he was there… with a girl… they were…” I could not get to finish my sentence.
“What girl? What were they doing?”
“Ma..ri…ko… they were in our room, on our bed…”
“That bastard!! I’m really gonna kill him this time.”
“Kazu… no…” I stopped him before he could reach the door. Who knows what he was going to do had I not stopped him.
“Riya let me go. That idiot needs a serious whack.”
“No Kazu… don’t…”
“Riya… do you understand what is going on? If I don’t put some sense into his head, you’ll forever be waiting for nothing…”
“You’ll just hurt him…”
“What do you want me to do then? Praise him? Put him on a pedestal? Riya wake up… you have to fight for what is legally yours.”
“Kazu… I’ve thought this over before coming home tonight…”
“What?”
“I think I need some time away… on my own… to sort things out… Just a week…”
“What are you saying?”
“ I’m going to Yokohama… to Ai-chan… just for a week… I’m not taking Shinichi with me… I need this for myself… plus I’m sure your kaa-chan’s not gonna agree that I take Shinichi with me… Just for a week Kazu…”
“Riya…”
“I so broken right now… I need to pick up the broken pieces of my self before I can fight whatever it is I need to fight for… right?”
“Riya…”
“I promise I’ll be back next week…”
Nino nodded in resignation.
“Promise you’ll be back after a week? I still have Ai’s number, I’ll call every now and then.”
“Thanks… can I ask you one thing?”
“What?”
“ Promise me you’ll not bring this up with him. Act as if you don’t know. Don’t tell the other guys either.”
“Why?”
“Just promise me Kazu… please… I’m begging you…”
“Ok… I promise… but it’ll be hard… but I’ll try…”
“Arigatou.”
“When are you leaving?”
“Early tomorrow morning.”
“You want me to bring you to the airport?”
“No need. I know you have an early schedule tomorrow. I’ll be fine…”
“Riya…” he called out before I entered my room
“Hmm?”
“When you come back everything’s going to be all right. Someday that idiot is going to realize what an ass he has been for hurting you… I’ll make sure of that…”
I smiled.
“Kazu…”
“Yes?”
“Someday never really comes, does it?” I asked but did not wait for him to answer as I closed the door.


As I stood beside the bed watching my son sleep I could not help the tears from falling. I sat on the bed and began to stroke his hair.
“Ichi… gomen ne… Mama’s leaving you for a while… I’ll be back soon… When I come back I promise we’ll go and see Papa…”
I bent over and kissed my son as I whispered… “ I love you Ichi… I love you so much….”
With that, I stood up and headed towards the door without looking back.
All through out the ride to the airport, tears were falling non-stop.
I was queuing to get my ticket when I heard a commotion. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a familiar profile.
I walked towards the group of people, media I suppose basing from their cameras. I squeezed in a bit to see what was going.
At that moment I wished I had not been curious but it was too late.
There he was right in front of me, his arm wrapped around her waist as she was smiling proudly. The look on his face changed when our eyes met, when he opened his mouth, the words that came out seemed like daggers slowly piercing my heart.
“Mariko and I are going out… well you can say that we’re an item… and this is not just for the drama… I mean... it’s real… I’ve never loved someone like I love her now…” he said with conviction, not taking his eyes off me…
I took one last look at him as he kissed her, cameras began to flash everywhere, I took a step back, turned around and walked. Not knowing where I was headed.
Before I knew it I was on the plane silently crying the pain I was feeling. I do not even remember where I was headed until the flight attendant announced.
“The fasten seat belt sign is on… Please fasten your seatbelts now as we approach our final descent towards Ninoy Aquino International Airport.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment