CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 14, 2011

FANFICTION - Tell me how you lost me - Chapter 20



 The day after we got married I returned to Yokohama apprehensive on how to break the “news” to Ai. During the entire flight I was practicing the lines that I was going to say to her. I went straight to the office from the airport. I found Ai engrossed with the reports.

“You’re back!! So how’s the conference?” She asked as she got up from her chair when she realized I had been staring at her for quite some time.

“Ammm… It was ok…” I lied.

“So… did you meet up with Satoshi?” she asked sheepishly as we sat on the sofa.

“Yeah I did. We had dinner.” I replied weakly.

“So? Tell me about it.” She said excitedly.

“Anou… Ai… there’s something I need to tell you…” I began.

“What is it? And why do I get the feeling that you did something stupid while you were in Tokyo.” Ai said as she looked at me in the eye.

“Well… anou… I… We… ammmm… How do I say this?”

“Just say it.”

“I dropped by the Human resource office before coming here and they said there’s an opening in Tokyo. Is it possible that you can transfer me there?” I said in Guinness speed of 5 seconds.

“Why? She asked. This time sounding really serious.

“I really don’t have answer to that. Well, it’s not that I’m not happy here but…”

“But you need to be in Tokyo… Where Satoshi is… right?” She finished my sentence for me.

“Ai…”

“Riya… I know you’re hiding something from me… Just tell me what it is… we’re friends remember… I’ll try to understand.” She said

“You won’t get mad if I tell you?” I asked her.

“I will try really hard not to.”

“I… We… got married.” The last words were more of a whisper.

“Huh?’

“Satoshi and I… we got married.” I repeated.

“I knew it! I knew you were going to do something stupid when you asked me to mail your papers. I should have seen it coming. So what’s going to happen now? Is he going to announce it on national TV?”

“No… it’s a secret.” I replied softly.

“What do you mean it’s a secret? I don’t understand.”

“Nobody knows we got married. Not the other members, not his company, not even his family.” I said

“Why? And why did you agree to that?” She asked again.

“I don’t know. I just agreed. I couldn’t get myself to say no. Please Ai… I need you to understand.”

“Riya…”

“I know I could not give you enough reason to understand what I did. Call me stupid but I don’t regret it.”

“What else can I do but understand you? No mater what I do right now, it’s done right? You’re married. God, if this is what falling in love does to a person, then I don’t want to fall in love.” She said in resignation.

“When do you plan to go back to Tokyo?” She asked

“As soon as possible?” I replied.

“Riya… you owe me big time… I’ll call human resource and arrange for your transfer.”

“Ai… Thank you…”

“As long as that …that… person makes you happy I’m ok with it. You know where to find me if you ever wake up from absurdity.”

SATOSHI’s POV

It has been more than I week since Riya and I got married and a 2 days ago she arrived from Yokohama. I was able to close the deal with the owner of the apartment a day before she arrived so the house was basically empty except for a few pieces of furniture. It was a one bedroom apartment not far from my parents house. I made sure of that I could make an excuse that I need to buy something from the store in the corner before going home. In that way I could do away with the guys’ and other people’s suspicions.

Riya on the other hand was a little uneasy when she arrived. Although she’s been transferred to the Tokyo branch, she was still feeling a little bad for ditching Ai. Well I can’t blame her but I know… no… I feel that’s she’s going to get accustomed to being my wife.

We just finished our latest photo shoot for Popolo and the five of us were inside the van on our way home. Since my house was near the location it was decided that I should be dropped off first.

Anou…. Driver san can you stop at the next block? I’m getting off there. I’ll just walk home.” I said as we were nearing the street.

“Huh? Your house is still a block away. Why are you getting off?” Jun who was seated next to me asked.

“I need to buy something.” I replied instantly.

“You’re going to walk home?” Nino asked.

“Yup. It’s ok.” I said as I hurried got off the van.

This went on for almost a two weeks. The guys never suspected anything. I knew I could pull it off, or so I thought. As the saying goes… nothing stays a secret forever.

JUN’s POV

Riida has been acting really strange lately. Every time we bring him home he usually gets off a block away from his house and whenever we pick him up he’s already outside his house. Unlike before we have to honk 5 times before he gets out. I think he’s hiding something. It wouldn’t hurt if I followed him home.

“Driver san can you stop at the next block? I’m getting off there. I’ll just walk home.” Came Riida’s favorite line.

“You’re walking home again?” Nino asked without taking his eyes off his DS.

“Yup. See you tomorrow.” He said as he got off the van.

This is it.

“Driver san wait. I’m getting off too. I just remembered I need to go somewhere.” I said as I got my back and got off the van.

“You’re getting off too? Where are you going?” Sho asked surprised.

“I forgot I’m meeting my sister somewhere.” I just made alibi up.

What the hell am I doing? I asked myself as I followed Riida. He said he was going to buy something from the store but he just passed by it. And why is he heading towards the apartment area of that street when in fact his house is on the other side? Hmmmm…. This is getting more and more interesting.

I watched him stop in front of the door of the last apartment. He dug something out of his pocket. Keys. I heard him say ‘tadaima’ as he entered the house. What is he doing here?

I need to find out.

I walked towards the last apartment and stopped in front of the door. I hesitated for a moment before pressing the door bell.

“Chotto matte…” I heard a voice say.

The door slowly opened…

“Riya????!!!!”

“Jun???!!!” was the last I heard before I felt the door’s flat surface hit my beautiful face.

0 comments:

Post a Comment