CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 14, 2011

FANFICTION - Tell me how you lost me - Chapter 19

 SATOSHI’S POV

Her answer was unfinished but I did not mind. I eased her head a little bit more to make her comfortable.

I held her hand as I stared outside the bus’ window. Although uncertainty was my dominant emotion during that time, the excitement however was more apparent. She was right. Today was unusual indeed. Unusual in a lot of ways, not that I’m complaining or anything but I think this day is the most unusual day of my life.

Come to think about it, it is more unusual for her. She agreed to marry me just like that. Though she questioned what my real intentions were, she said yes in the end. She knew the risks and troubles she will have to go through but she still agreed.

I glanced outside the window once more. It was getting darker.

“We should be at her hotel in 10 minutes.” I said to myself.

I was about to wake her up when I felt my phone vibrate.

“Nino…” I said seeing the name that registered.

“Hai.” I said as I answered.

“Riida? Where are you?” He asked.

“Why?” I asked in return.

“Let’s drink! My treat!” He said sounding pathetic.

“Why?” I asked again.

“I just want to have a drink with you. And did I mention it’s my treat?” He replied.

“Yes you did. But what I want to know is why. Why are you suddenly so keen on treating me for a drink? The Ninomiser does not usually go and treat people out of the blue.” I said in a mocked voice.

“Shut up. So are you up for it? Are you at home? I’m in the neighborhood I be there in about 5 minutes.” He said sounding really desperate.

“Nino… gomen… I can’t.”

“Nande? Nande? Nande?”

“I’m not at home and I’m in the middle of something. Why don’t you ask Aiba or Jun or Sho?”

“Aiba’s in Chiba, Jun’s having dinner with his sister and Sho’s filming. Wait what do you mean you can’t? And what’s that “in the middle of something”? Are doing something hentai?” He probed.

“Hentai!? Baka! Of course not. It’s something you won’t understand.” I replied defensively.

“Ohno-kun? Where are you?” He asked again this time a little more serious.

“Somewhere… I got to go… bye bye…” I replied in a hurry as I flipped my phone close.

My phone began to vibrate again. Seeing that it was Nino, I decided to turn it off since I know that he’s not gonna stop until he gets answer. He’s becoming more and more investigative lately. Maybe that’s because these past few weeks, he’s been hanging out with Aiba.

“Riya… wake up. We’re near.” Isaid softly as we were nearing the bus stop.

“Hmmm…”

“We’re about to get off.” I said

“Ah. Ok.” She replied.

She began to straighten her shelf and tried to remove her hand from my grasp in the process.

“Don’t.” I said as I tightened my grasp.

After getting off the bus stop, we walked towards her hotel which was just a block away.

“I’ll pick you up around 8 tomorrow ok?” I said when we reached the hotel.

“Can’t we really make it 10?” She said.

“No…” I replied sheepishly.

“Ok … 8:00 then. But let me remind you, you need to buy me breakfast, lunch, dessert and snacks in between.” She shot back.

“Ok. Now go and get some sleep.” I said as I watch her walk towards the elevator.

The following day was more tiring than the day before. Well at least for me. I had to take the driver’s test the entire morning. After the test, which I miraculously passed, Riya and I went and had her papers translated. The day ended with us having shabu-shabu for dinner.

“Ok. The guy said I would be able to get license tomorrow, which means we can go to the City Office right after and get married.” I said as we sat in corner booth of the restaurant.

“That’s it?” she asked.

“That’s what it says on the internet right?” I replied.

“No ceremony?”

“Well, here in Japan, ceremonies are just for formalities. The real wedding happens in the City Office.” I said.

“Why do you sound so knowledgeable all of a sudden?” She asked before popping a piece of meat in her mouth.

“I researched last night. Which means by tomorrow afternoon, were are officially Mr. & Mrs. Ohno Satoshi.” I said smiling.

“Sounds weird doesn’t it?”

“What sounds weird?” I asked her.

“Me, sharing the same name with you. Can you imagine how many girls here in Japan and all over the world would give anything just to have your name?”

“I don’t think it sounds weird. I kinda like the sound of it. Satoshi and Riya Ohno.”

“Well, that’s only applicable when it’s just the two of us right?” She asked while avoiding my gaze.

“Riya…”

“I’m sorry… I’m not gonna bring that topic up again. So what’s going to happen after we get married tomorrow? I need to go back to Yokohama.” She said

“Do you really have to go back? Can’t you just tell Ai that you decided to stay here in Tokyo?”

“I can’t do that. I need to get my things and I HAVE to explain to her personally. Maybe I can ask her to transfer me to the Tokyo branch rather than telling her I’m leaving her and the company.”

“That’s a good idea.”

“Another thing… Where am I gonna live? Surely you can’t bring me home right? Your parents have no clue you’re getting married tomorrow.” She said.

“Oh yeah. I almost forgot about that.” I replied.

“What do you mean? You have not thought about that part yet?” She asked panicking.

“Riya, calm down. I’ll take care of this. By the time you get back from Yokohama, we’ll have somewhere to live.” I said assuring her when in reality I have no idea how to go about it.

“Fine. Just make sure I have a place to stay when I get back. By the way, how are you going to pull this off with the rest of the guys?”

“Don’t worry about it. That’s going to be my problem, not yours. We better head back to our hotel. You need enough rest for tomorrow’s big day.” I said as I ushered her out of the restaurant.

It was late when we returned to her hotel. I reminded her one last time of the time I was going to pick her up.

“Satoshi… wait…” she called out as I was heading towards the entrance of the hotel.

“Nani?”

“What am I going to wear tomorrow?” She asked naively.

“Anou…” I stopped for a moment. What do people wear when they get married? I asked myself.

“Wear anything comfortable.” I replied without hesitation.

“Ok. Bye… see you tomorrow.” She said before walking towards the elevator.

RIYA’s POV

Sleep has been elusive since I got back from the hotel. No matter how I tried to bring myself to sleep, it has successfully evaded me. Maybe this is what they call wedding day jitters. Well some wedding it’s going to be. Honestly, this is not the wedding I have dreamed of. Not that I wanted a grand wedding for myself. All I want was a simple one. In a small chapel maybe, me wearing a simple white wedding dress, no elaborate decorations, just a few people, maybe just family and close friends.

I can’t complain right now can I? Marrying the guy that I am totally crazy about is reason enough for me to have this wedding day jitters. It doesn’t matter if it’s a secret, City office type of a wedding. Just as long as it’s him that I’m marrying.

Hmmm… Will we be able to keep this secret forever?

This was the last question that entered my mind before I fell asleep.

Satoshi was already waiting at the lobby by the time I got down the following morning.

“What took you so long?” He asked when I finally got by his side.

“Sorry. I overslept.” I apologized.

“You really love to sleep don’t you?” He said as held my hand and led me towards the hotel door.

It did not take us a long time to get his license. He proudly shoved it in my face the moment he got it.

“I have a license. I have a license. See…see…” he said bragging.

“I see it. I see it. Now stop.” I said.

“Now all we need to do is, go to the City Office and get married.” He said smiling.

“Satoshi…”

“Hmmm…”
 “Are you sure about this?” I asked as we rode towards the City Office.

“ Aren’t you?” He returned the question.

“ I don’t know… But… Don’t mind me… Let’s just get this done.”

When we arrived at the City Office we were asked to fill out some forms and some other stuff before letting us inside a room. The guy inside asked us for our papers and asked where our witnesses were.

“We need witnesses?” Satoshi asked in disbelief.

“Yes. Otherwise, I can’t marry you.” The guy replied.

“What are we going to do now? Where are we going to look for witnesses?” I asked as panic was starting to escalate.

“Chotto matte. I’ll be back in a few minutes.” He said a he rushed out of the office.

“Satoshi… where are ….” I was not able to finish my sentence as the door of the room closed with a bang.

Satoshi came back a few minutes later bringing in with him an old woman and a guy in a chef’s uniform.

“Ok. Here’s our witness now can you marry us?” he asked the guy in between catching his breath.

“Satoshi… where did you…” I began to ask.

“Later. Let’s get married first.” He cut me off.

“Anou… are you ok with this?” the guy who’s supposed to marry us asked.

“What do you mean? Is there a problem?” Satoshi asked back.

“No… no… what I mean is, are you ok getting married wearing just that?” He asked pointing at our “outfits” which consists of jeans, shirts and sneakers.

“Yeah we’re ok. Now can you marry us?” Satoshi replied sounding a little impatient.

“Ok.” The guy replied shaking his head in disbelief.

The ‘ceremony’ was quick and straight forward. The guy asked us a few questions and we answered. Before he ended, he turned to both of us and said.

“Well since you’re the last couple I’ll be marrying today, I’ll give you the opportunity to say your vows. You first.” He said before addressing Satoshi.

“Ehh?” he said surprised.

“Go on… say our vows.” The guy proded.

“What am I supposed to say?” Satoshi asked him again.

“Whatever you want to say. You’re the one getting married not me.”

“Well it’s my first time to get married, how should I know what to say?” He reasoned out.

“Just say anything you want to say to her.” I guy answered.

“Anou… Riya… ehhh… anou…. Ganbatte ne!”

“That’s it?” the guy asked not believing what he just heard.

“Yes, that’s all. Riya, your turn.” He said turning to me.

“Ha?! Anou… ahh… Ganbatte?!!!” I replied.

“You both are weird… Anyway congratulations.” The guy said before leaving the room.

That day I officially became Mrs. Ohno Satoshi.

0 comments:

Post a Comment